AQUAHIDE-SWU is a superior option to replace traditional 30# roofing felt. This synthetic and fully recyclable roofing underlayment is both lighter and stronger, resulting in a quicker install. AQUAHIDE-SWU is also manufactured with a slip resistant walking surface which gives workers better traction. Use AQUAHIDE-SWU in place of 30# roofing felt and you’ll save time and money while increasing worker safety.
1. Make sure your roof deck is clean and dry. Remove any debris or fasteners that may be protruding from the roof deck.
2. AQUAHIDE-SWU should be installed horizontally (parallel) to the eave of the roof. Install AQUAHIDE-SWU with 4” inch horizontal or side laps, and 6” inch vertical or end laps. For low slope roofs with a pitch less than 4:12, overlap AQUAHIDE-SWU at least 24” inches horizontally over the underlying course and increase end laps to 8” inches.
3. Always use corrosion resistant plastic cap nails or plastic cap staples with at least a 1” inch diameter plastic cap to attach AQUAHIDE-SWU to the roof deck. Fasteners should penetrate the roof deck to a minimum depth of 3/4” inch. Fasten the horizontal and end laps every 6” inches at center, and 12” inches at center along the center of the roll in the field. All fasteners must be at 90 degrees to the roof deck and driven flush with AQUAHIDE-SWU.
4. If the roof system requires the use of sealants on the seams and joints, use a high quality, low solvent, plastic roofing cement, meeting ASTM D-4586 Type I requirements. Always consult the manufacturer’s application instructions.
5. AQUAHIDE-SWU should be covered with the final roofing materials within 180 days of being installed.
CAUTION – Always follow OSHA safe roofing codes & practices when installing any roofing product. Workers should always use and wear fall protection devices when working on a roof. Proper high traction footwear, toe boards, ropes and harnesses should always be a part of your safety measures. Use extra caution on AQUAHIDE-SWU if it becomes wet or dusty, as this may reduce traction. Serious injury or death can occur if you fail to use proper safety gear and footwear.
Safety First! Always use an OSHA approved fall protection system, and carefully observe safe roofing codes and practices. OSHA 1926.502
AQUAHIDE-SWU is one component of a high quality roof system. Always make sure your roof system has proper ventilation, and be sure to check and follow all applicable local building codes. AQUAHIDE-SWU meets or exceeds requirements for ASTM D-226 & D-4869